Thursday 26 April 2018

Typeface Research & Development

Cliches 

- Baseline on a slant 
- Decorative font 
- Sans serif most common 
- Some Serif fonts are also used
- Generally bold
- Varied stroke 
- Fill
- Black and gold common colour scheme


Development considerations:

- Make the typeface the shapes used in imagery 
- Type is the censored aspect 
- Could I use a 5x5 or 7x5 grid is this relevant to the genre 
- Use Futura or Helvetica Neue Light in contrast with my own typeface 
- Could I alter the baseline to follow a slant or shape?
- For an object could I illustrate dance movements (steps) 
- Create a dance mat or vinyl stickers 

To do:
- Re interpret the image below into my own sketch on Illustrator 
- Generate purely typographic designs



My interpretation : 

This was created in illustrator which could be used to create vinyl stickers or printed to create a dance mat creating a foot step floor plan of the 'reggaeton' dance pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment