Sunday 31 December 2017

Visual Styles of Genre in a Book Shop

As part of my research I looked at existing visual styles of different genre's in book shops Eason's and The Works. It was interesting to see existing trends such as the fantasy genre books almost always containing a sword or a hooded figure this cemented the cliche's I had already found in existing book covers. I also noted almost every book cover has a type hierarchy this was most common in font size and style




Covers often also either had a main focus on typography or imagery however occasionally the aspects were combined. This research enabled me to gain further knowledge and inspiration to consider what composition would be most appropriate and unique against competitors for my book series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment