Tuesday 2 January 2018

Using Grids to Experiment with Type Layout & Composition

Initial Ideas 

To experiment with the series link I chose a typeface that was modern with slight medieval features. This worked well for Game of Thrones and Pretty Little Liars in some ways but I am unsure of how well it worked for Gossip Girl as the type doesn't fit as well for this book. Below shows a few variations of composition and type. Using Josef Muller Brockmann's grid system I was able to effectively align the elements of each design. 

Typeface used: Morpheus Regular 



The coins I used to create a shield in the form of imagery which I thought was very effective and I aim to develop this idea further. However I also think the above visual poetry representing the letter 'T' also works well so I may develop both of these ideas further to produce the most successful design. One solution would be to combine these ideas which I will experiment with, although I think this may appear to busy. 









No comments:

Post a Comment