Monday 26 February 2018

Challenging the basic concepts of a Publication

After considering what my publication would contain I thought the next important stage was to think of ways I could challenge the basic concept and curation of my publication. Basic concepts you expect from a publication are organisation aesthetically pleasing and engaging. Therefore I came up with alternative ways to show and challenge these basic concepts of a publication. 

A rough generation of these examples can be shown below on varied colour paper stock. I experimented with collage, tearing, inserts, folding and creasing manipulation techniques. I thought the coloured paper was more engaging but also worked well in contrast to the black and white imagery. These techniques were successful in my opinion and not only more engaging but also made the publication more intriguing and can be described as aesthetically pleasing because of this factor and challenging attribute. 






No comments:

Post a Comment