Friday 6 October 2017

Critical Feedback Studio Brief 2

OUGD403

Critical Feedback 

My Aim 

My aim was to present ideas inspired by the Whitney Museum. I experimented by considering how I could change an idea. Such as by altering perspective or creating a sequence showing how the idea could develop even into an animation. This was inspired by the changing logo on the Whitney Museum website. I knew I wanted my logotype to reflect the artist. I thought branding for the artist would be more timeless than the exhibition as it displays visually how the artist is recognised. The way I decided to brand Ai Wei Wei was originally by his Chinese background. However, then I decided to subtly relate to context focusing more on a key aspect from Ai Wei Wei’s life. Therefore I worked with type forms being contained within one another. Then shapes I liked created from joined letterforms formed the basis of my design ideas. This portrays visual power of Ai Wei Wei’s house arrest. I used the letter “i” to symbolise Ai Wei Wei. The letter “i” vaguely resembles a person. The lines across the letters represent enclosure or jail a literal place we associate with arrest. 

REFERENCE : https://whitney.org

WHY?
My work has a good meaning and context behind it but I need more variations before I develop any ideas further.

IS THERE A GOOD IDEA BEHIND THE WORK?
Good context is understandable behind my idea - Ai Wei Wei's house arrest

WHAT DESIGN DECISIONS LACK REASONS BEHIND THEM?
Not enough variation to express my design decisions in order to get to the development process.

HOW?
To achieve this I'm going to produce several more completely different variations.

IS THE CHOICE OF VISUAL LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE?
My work could be further developed experimenting with more variations e.g. such as typeface weighting.

DO THE VISUAL CHOICES COMMUNICATE IDEAS BEHIND THE ARTIST?
I need to more carefully look at how to communicate the artists ideas - Which typeface is best suited 

WHAT IF?
Make ideas more simplistic - recognisable

WHAT ALTERATIONS WOULD I MAKE?
More experiments and variation

HOW COULD IT BE DEVELOPED?
Experiment further...


FEEDBACK: One idea - experiment and develop COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IDEAS

No comments:

Post a Comment