Monday 6 November 2017

Periodic Table Research

Research 


The Periodic Table 

Further research into my word triggered me to investigate similar objects type tables and forms etc. From this I discovered the type composition was similar in some ways to the periodic table. The periodic table is a grid like form composed from a group of squares joined together each containing an element. This is a contextual reference behind the square appearance that forms the construction of type. Therefore, visually I referenced the periodic table to influence my work. The numbered elements also references the variations I made to the typeface stroke or weight. The alternating sizes. These factors are also influenced mathematically by a standard increase or decrease in size i.e 1,2,3,4,5. 




Image result for periodic table


Example Samples of the Typeface:


Group one are Alkali Metals 



Sodium or Na (Chemical Name)



No comments:

Post a Comment